Can I Borrow a Cup of Hope?
How to Find Faith for Hard Times in 1 Peter
When my faith is tested, it feels like I’m drinking from a teacup while driving through a pileup, trying not to spill a single drop. My dreams slosh over the sides and stain my carefully laid plans, until my cup is dry.
Where can I go to borrow a cup of hope?
The New Testament book of 1 Peter is where we’ll learn how to find faith for hard times and refill our sloshed-over, drained-dry cups with abundant hope. This letter from the apostle Peter to the first Christians comprises only 105 verses, five short chapters, and maybe three or four thin pages in your Bible. But even though it’s short, as you get to know Peter, his words will become as comforting as a personal note from a dear friend. In his letter, Peter will help us set aside our hopeless fears and hopeful fantasies and instead set our hope fully on God’s faithfulness.
Releasing September, 2021, Can I Borrow a Cup of Hope? How to Find Faith for Hard Times in 1 Peter shows how pain and suffering are transformed into hope and purpose.
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13
With her gentle honesty and just the right amount of humor, Bible teacher, author, and speaker Amy Lively will help you see that when you’re at the end of the world as you know it, you’re only at the beginning of Jesus.
Be the first to know when
Can I Borrow a Cup of Hope?
Can I Borrow a Cup of Hope? helps the reader apply 1 Peter principles to life’s pain. Working sequentially through the five chapters of this small but mighty letter, the reader will learn to:
- Express what she feels, identify what is real through the filter of God’s Word, then wisely determine how to deal with her challenges
- Reframe anxiety and uncertainty into hope and purpose using a prayer that never fails
- Make sense of pain that seems endless and pointless by understanding God’s timing and intention
- React to chaos and confusion with a calm, clear-headed, Christlike response
- Apply five simple and effective coping strategies to create her own “new normal” when her world is turned upside down
- Shed the shame of past mistakes as she learns to share her story for God’s glory
Each chapter takes the reader one step further on her journey as hardships and hurts threaten to detour her hope. She gains traction as she shifts from a temporal to eternal perspective, then yields her controlling grip to trust in God’s happy ending. Her behavior changes as she practices specific commands from 1 Peter. Soon she is striving for holiness instead of happiness as she lives for God’s will, not her own—then she shouts her story for God’s glory as others are compelled to come along for the joy ride of their lives.